The monsoons are here, and people are relishing the amazing weather that is a respite from the scorching summer. But the changing seasons take a toll on our metabolism and immune system, causing seasonal flu, common cold, and cough.
The most vulnerable to the ailments are the children, who have a lower immunity compared to adults. So, mothers are constantly on the lookout for solutions to sore throat and cough for their toddlers. Well, it's time to turn to the age-old remedies like Pahadi haldi from traditional India.
Ayurvedic Remedies For Seasonal Flu
Ayurveda offers several effective remedies for battling cold and cough in children. Add Pahadi haldi to the mix and you can make some of the best herbal remedies.
1. Haldi Milk For Cold
Haldi or Turmeric is a magic superfood charged with antioxidants and improves the immune and nervous systems. But one may wonder, is Haldi milk good for cough?
Its benefits are world-renowned, and the combination of Milk and Ayurveda-inspired yellow-lattes works faster than any medicine without any of the harmful side effects.
Just add a pinch of Turmeric to milk and drink it to fight against seasonal flu. You can add a hint of honey, ginger, or jaggery to double the benefits. Haldi milk for cough in toddlers must be administered while taking the necessary precautions.
Precautions For Using Haldi Milk For Cough: Toddlers
- Haldi milk should be given to toddlers over one year old.
- Use only a small amount for the first time.
- Always use pure organic haldi for maximum benefits.
- Use about once in two weeks or whenever your child has symptoms of a cold.
2. Ayurvedic Kadha for Cold
Kadha is a concoction made by boiling medicinal herbs and spices in water and served with other immune boosters such as honey, ginger, etc. Grandmas' trusty kadha for fever and cold is just as effective for children as adults. Here are 3 easy variations:
- Take basil leaves (Tulsi), black pepper, and ginger, grind them together, and boil them in water. Add some honey to sweeten the drink. This is one of the basic and best kadha for cold and flu.
- Take half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and boil it in a cup of water. Add honey or ginger for added benefits. This kadha helps to build strength and improves metabolism.
- Giloy Guduchi (Indian Tinospora ) is one of the prime ingredients in kadha for the common cold. Grind it and boil it with a cup of water. This kadha for cold and flu boosts immunity and improves digestion.
Citrus Fruits like oranges, grapefruit, etc., are also excellent ingredients for immunity drinks for flu.
Vegetables like carrot, beet, kale, and celery also make for excellent health drinks for flu.
Nature has gifted us with the right solutions like Pahadi haldi that can be used to make kadha for common cold and other ailments. Organic Ayurvedic remedies fortify the immune system and beat the seasonal flu symptoms so that your young ones can enjoy the season.
If you are looking for an online Pahadi store where you can purchase the ingredients to these natural magic medicine, then check out The Pahadi Story
- They provide 100% authentic, unadulterated immunity boosters
- Have the natural curations delivered to the comfort of your home, at the touch of a button