‘Knowledge of life’ or Ayurveda is considered as one of the quaint holistic approaches to healing people. Prevalent for more than 3000 years in India, this type of medicine is not only based on the body but depends on a fine balance between mind, spirit, and body. It acts as a solution to enable the body to resist any kind of infection or disease. In this article, we will get acquainted with its way to boost immunity in the body.
According to Ayurveda, the two pillars responsible for fighting immunity deficiency which causes disease are proper diet and lifestyle. The tips to improve our immunity are:-
- Different microbes which enter our body make our body weaker. To resist weakness, one should drink lots of water. This helps in retaining the moisture in the throat and mucous membrane. Therefore, water acts as a shield to any microbes trying to affect our bodies.
- In Ayurveda, dehydration is known as ‘Apadathukshaya’. Intake of less water disturbs the balance of salts, fluids, or other minerals in our body. This disruption, in turn, causes body dysfunction.
Effects of Dehydration
- Urine turns pale yellow. Hence, sufficient warm water should be consumed.
- Different organs as the heart, the kidney starts malfunctioning.
- Physical strength starts reducing, resulting in weakness and several complications in the body.
- People involved with physical exercise, workouts, or people living in the hot climate should necessarily drink 2-3 litres of water and other fluids daily for the proper functioning of the body.
Diets To Boost Immunity.
- A balanced diet is required for maintaining proper health & wellness. If the body has enough nutrients, it can fight any sort of infection.
- Foods that act as immunity boosters are Vitamin C and Antioxidants.
- Free radicals cause inflammation of the body. It leads to serious health issues like heart disease and cancer. So, antioxidant-rich foods should be eaten to avoid such chronic problems.
- Intake of foods rich in fibers is important to keep the gut in proper condition. It also resists infections of the digestive tract by being an immunity booster.
- One of the keys to a healthy body is the utmost prohibition of eating excessively salty, dry, hot, or rich foods. These types of foods result in obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.
Immunity Strengthening Herbs.
- Regular meals should include turmeric and black pepper.
- The habit of starting the day with herbal tea gives numerous benefits. This herbal tea consists of ginger, long pepper, and tulsi.
- A portion of 10 ml of amla juice every morning is good for health.
A Proper Cycle Of Sleep.
- The body and nerve cells work in multiple ways when a person is sleeping. Biological processes such as restoring energy, detoxification, regulation of hormones and proteins are done by the body.
- The nerve cells communicate with the body and recognize different functions performed by our body.
- Therefore, sufficient sleep is needed for at least 6-8 hours for the proper functioning of all the body parts. As a consequence of which, this proper functioning is responsible for increasing the immunity in the body.
- Lack of proper sleep leads to several issues. Staying awake at night is also known as ‘Ratrijaagaranath’ in Ayurvedic terms. This causes the weakening of body tissues.
- Lack of sleep also induces stress hormones in the body.
- Ayurveda suggests less use of technology as day to day the world is becoming technology-driven.
- A proper time of sleep should be maintained daily following complete darkness which helps in sleeping quickly.
Mental stress increases mental disability and reduces mental stability.
- Mental stress or Manovyatha affects our immune cells which in turn creates inflammation. It, therefore, becomes quite necessary to relieve stress from a busy schedule to strengthen immunity.
- A respite from a power-packed schedule will assist a person in maintaining mental stability.
This can be done through:-
- Spending time with dear ones
- Indulging in the hobby one is interested in
- Listening to music
- Mental stress can be reduced by a special Ayurvedic head massage. This massage incorporates essential herbal formulations.
- Based on our body, few ayurvedic medicines help us fight our diseases and also incense our immunity.
- Arogyavardhini Vati is important to heal liver and skin disorders.
- Brahma Rasayana helps patients dealing with fatigue and cancer.
- Chyawanprash improves respiratory problems and provides an overall immunity.
Environmental causes play a great role in shaping the body. Apart from any form of medicine, a person should be aware of the proper hygiene and restoration of body strength. Ayurvedic medicine can only help if a person is willing to live a healthy life.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is responsible for fighting immunity deficiency according to Ayurveda?
A. According to Ayurveda, the two pillars responsible for fighting immunity deficiency which causes disease are proper diet and lifestyle.
Q. What are the effects of dehydration?
A. The effects of dehydration are:
1. Urine turns pale yellow. Hence, sufficient warm water should be consumed.
2. Different organs as the heart, the kidney starts malfunctioning.
3. Physical strength starts reducing, resulting in weakness and several complications in the body.
4. People involved with physical exercise, workouts, or people living in the hot climate should necessarily drink 2-3 liters of water and other fluids daily for the proper functioning of the body.
Q. What are the foods that act as immunity booster?
A. Foods that act as immunity boosters are Vitamin C and Antioxidants.
They include :