Herbs refer to any plants whose leaves, flowers or seeds are used for savoury or medicinal purposes. In other words, herbs are any plant whose parts can be used for some benefits.
There are basically four types of herbs:
Brahmi is considered a brain booster. It naturally grows in shallow waters, marshes or wet soil. Light purple or white in colour, Brahmi herbs generally consist of 5 petals. The best thing about Brahmi is that all the parts of the plant can be used for medicinal purposes. It can be used for a wide range of functions such as memory-enhancing, increased libido and as a health tonic.
Brahmi is considered extremely good for increasing brain performance.
● Brahmi is an effective antioxidant and thus protects the body from cell damage and reduces the risk of heart diseases, arthritis, cancer, etc.
● Brahmi is highly beneficial in dealing with anxiety and stress. It is said to relieve tension from the nerves and provide relaxation and cooling effects to a person affected by anxiety or panic disorder or even depression.
● This medicinal herb is also very effective as a memory booster and immunity booster. It protects the body from such neurodegenerative diseases as Alzheimer.
● Brahmi also helps in controlling blood pressure. In conditions such as high stress and hypertension, this herb can be used.
The basil herb is mostly found in Asia and Africa. The herb belongs to the mint family and comes in different colours. They are generally used for adding flavour to foods but also have many medicinal properties.
Basil leaves not only add taste but also medicinal properties to your diet.
● Consumption of Basil is considered good for digestion. It helps in maintaining the acid levels and pH levels of the body.
● Basil is an anti-inflammatory drug that can be used for curing a variety of diseases and keeping different types of infections at bay. It also reduces the risk of getting heart diseases.
● If you have oily skin, Basil oil can be really helpful. It cleans the body from within, removing the impurities that block the pores of the skin.
● Basil is also effective in fighting against depression. It helps stimulate the neurotransmitters thereby helping the hormones responsible for vitality and happiness.
● This herb also helps in regulating the blood sugar level of the body along with cholesterol and triglycerides. By the continuous use of basil leaves, you can cure many diseases.
Ashwagandha is an ancient medicinal herb, also termed as adaptogen meaning it can be helpful in managing stress. As one of the most important organic herbs, Ashwagandha provides numerous health benefits. It is an integral part of Ayurveda and stands for the smell of the horse in Sanskrit.
● Since Ashwagandha secretes insulin, it is known to reduce blood sugar levels in both diabetic patients as well as in healthy individuals.
● Cortisol levels are also reduced with the help of Ashwagandha. Cortisol is a stress hormone and too high levels of cortisol can increase blood sugar levels in the body. Therefore, Ashwagandha can be really helpful in reducing cortisol levels.
● It is helpful in reducing stress and anxiety. People who suffer from anxiety disorder can take the help of ashwagandha to cope with their depression and panic disorder.
● Inflammation levels can also be lowered with the help of Ashwagandha. This can protect you from heart diseases.
Parsley is not only used in food but also comes with many nutrients which can help your body fight and prevent many diseases.
● Myricetin is known to prevent skin cancer. Parsley is considered to be one of the best sources of Myricetin.
● The same Myricetin is also known to prevent and keep in control the blood sugar levels and therefore can be used against diabetes.
● Parsley is also rich in Vitamin K. This makes them a recommended organic herb to prevent bone fractures. With just ten sprigs of parsley, you can fulfil your daily recommended diet for Vitamin K.
● As parsley also contains Vitamin C and antioxidants, it is also good to fight against infections and heart disease.
These four medicinal herbs, therefore, can take you a long way in ensuring that you live a healthy and safe life. These herbs, nevertheless, should be consulted with a doctor before having them.
Q. What is Brahmi?
A. Brahmi is considered a brain booster. It naturally grows in shallow waters, marshes, or wet soil. Light purple or white in colour, Brahmi herbs generally consist of 5 petals. The best thing about Brahmi is that all the parts of the plant can be used for medicinal purposes.
Q. What is Ashwagandha?
A. Ashwagandha is an ancient medicinal herb, also termed as adaptogen meaning it can be helpful in managing stress.
Q. What is Parsley used for?
A. Parsley is not only used in food but also comes with many nutrients which can help your body fight and prevent many diseases.